Monday, April 20, 2009

a teasing taster

I have just spent two wonderful weeks in Israel over Pesach, knowing that we'll be back for good in August. Despite the fact that Mrs G. had her nose in her books for most of our visit, we were able to spend a lot of quality time with the family allowing the monkey to get to know his Grandparents, Uncles, Aunts and cousins again. We weren't able to cram in as many friends as we wanted to, but in particular spent our last Friday morning running up and down Emek from one to the next (including meeting the fiancee of a very close friend) and managing to fit in two things that I'd been really looking forward to - Kuba soup and Burgers Bar!

During the course of the trip I had some great meetings regarding possible jobs and we were able to make some reasonable ground regarding where we'll be living as we need to upsize somewhat. I made it to my favourite place in the world (the Shuk) where I treated myself to the breakfast of kings - pitta straight from the oven and freshly squeezed juice, something which I've missed tremendously.

We arrived back in the US after a long and trying flight (the monkey was well behaved but far too awake for 7 hours of a 9 hour flight) but with the knowledge that our next trip is one way and not too far off (less than 4 months to go). The visit has given my batteries a much needed charge to inspire me to August.

I'm going to be reviving this blog slowly with some of my thoughts about our return home.

Gilly

No comments: