Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cats and Dogs

Despite the fact that Memorial Day is all about the start of summer in the States, the rain is pounding down and I'm not sure how I'm going to make it to work in the morning without a wetsuit and flippers.

Having been brought up in London, one of the things that I really appreciate about Israel is the ability to plan for the day ahead, knowing that you don't need an indoor contingency plan. The sun will shine from April - October - it's just a question of whether it's going to be a hot day or a very hot day. No need to pack umbrellas and rain suits just in case (my rain suit is part of the permanent loan collection from the IDF - they don't need them most of the year so I might as well get some benefit from my years of Miluim). I love having some things that are certain in life and decent weather is amongst them.

Now if we could only be certain that in winter it would rain.....

No comments: